Thursday, October 2, 2008

Top 5: Marriage of Top 5

Top 5 songs that aren't played at weddings but probably should be.

5. "Coming Down" - Anders Osborne

4. "Blues On A Holiday" - Susan Tedeschi

3. "Fall Too Fast" - The Wood Brothers

2. "Baby Your Love (Is All I Need) - Eugene "Hideaway" Bridges

1. "Don't Tell Me" - Taj Mahal

Honorable mentions: "Loving in my Baby's Eyes" by Taj Mahal (Eric Bibb version also acceptable, "Please Call Me, Baby" by Tom Waits, "Little Trip To Heaven" by Tom Waits, "The Staunton Lick" by Lemon Jelly, "That's What Angels Can Do" by The Wood Brothers, "Lola" by The Kinks, "Couch Potato" by Weird Al Yankovic

3 comments:

Larriken said...

I won't mention the typo in the title - wait... damn!

Anyhoo, you forgot one:

"Wrapped around Your Finger" - The Police (it's not how the song was intended to be interpreted I'm sure, but what the hell, it works.)

Unknown said...

I plan to have Die, Die My Darling played at mine.

fett said...

Title corrected. Fascist.