Wednesday, September 24, 2008

The mass of men

The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation.
- Henry David Thoreau (a huge prat)

I was walking along the street one day when I thought about what might happen if you could hear other peoples thoughts. Then I felt sorry for the person that could hear my thoughts. They would hear only a single, continuous scream.

Also walking along the street I overheard a woman talking on her cell phone say, "and then she fell asleep in the laundry basket." I now wish I stopped her and found out the rest of the story. If it weren't for my horse....

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Half overheard conversations are the best. You can make the rest of it whatever you want which is, invariably, far more interesting than whatever they were actually talking about.

The Taco Prophet said...

Best. Post. Evar.

suyapi said...

Don't take a pencil and jam it into your ear.

suyapi said...

On another note, I always thought reading peoples minds would make life much easier. But yes, I am seriously sure I wouldn't ever want my thoughts broadcast for public knowledge.

I remember a comedy sketch once that was a board meeting in a world where everyone spoke the truth. Damn, I can't remember who did it. I need to find that sketch.