Wednesday, September 30, 2009

You're smart. I like you.

You're smart. I like you. I'll probably give you a nickname.
- Slackers

I wish I had a really cool nickname. Like "Blind Owl" or "Earthquake". I have one nickname. In WoW I was given the name "Cane". It's not the name of my character or anything, and the origin is a long and boring story. It's a serviceable nickname, but it's not first class. That's the problem with nicknames, right? You can't give yourself one. I can't start walking around demanding people refer to me as "The General". Well, I couldn't without looking like a complete douche. Nicknames have to happen spontaneously. Maybe this is just an inclination that my life is too boring. That I haven't been part of anything awesome that would spontaneously lead to a badass nickname. Maybe it's a by-product of me being the type of person that could turn the lack of a nickname into an existential crisis.

I'm not normal, right? Yeah, that makes sense.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I shall call him...Buckfutter.

Anyway, I have like a hundred nicknames so I can just give you a few to do with as you will.