Friday, February 12, 2010

My case in a single point

Valentine's day sucks. Most rational people know this. And as it turns out, being with someone doesn't make it any better. This actually pleases me. My girlfriend hates Valentines Day and thinks it's a stupid, made-up holiday. So I feel justified ranting here.

In the school newspaper today there is a two page compilation of "love notes" that students have written for other students. I don't know if this is a yearly tradition or whatnot, but it has that feel. Most of the notes are little sappy things, talking about how much they love the other person, perhaps sharing an inside joke. But one stood out in particular.

Dearest Jessica-

You are so sexy, especially when intoxicated. I never thought I would fall for a hot mess, but Jesus obviously had other plans for me.

Love you long time,
Seany


Ah, college love.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Mmmm...hot mess. But yeah, Valentine's Day is for shit and I'll have no part in it. OMG A DAY FOR TEH LOVE! Shouldn't you be doing that everyday? Just sayin'...

Me and Rosalita exchange gifts on Arbor Day. It's a thing.