Friday, May 13, 2011

Double quote time

Rummaging through papers on my desk today, I ran across a picture of me and my ex-girlfriend and a friends mother. It was a nice time, maybe one of the last nice times we had. I thought I had removed her from my life as much as possible. This picture jumped up on me.

I nearly lost it, right there in lab.

I was reminded of a post from Taco's blog. It started with a quote.

Running into you like this without warning
Is like catching a sniff of tequila in the morning
But I'll try, try to keep my food down.
It's quite an aftertaste that you've left
Now that you're not around.
-Crash Test Dummies, "I Think I'll Disappear Now"
I've never heard the song, but I know exactly how they feel.

Taco then gave me propers for starting blog posts with quotes.

I somehow held things together.

I tore up the picture and threw it in the trash.

Worlds in moments. Lifetimes in between jumbled papers. Memories still poisonous even after they have been shed.

No comments: