Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Dreams feel real while we're in them

Dreams feel real while we're in them. It's only when we wake up that we realize something was actually strange.
- Inception

I read an article once that listed a few things that people talk about that other people plain don't want to hear about. How drunk you were last night, your kids, your band in high school. Also, your dreams.

I'm going to talk about my dream last night. It's my blog, tough.

I had a nested dream. It started out with one of my normal "holy fuck, what is going on?" dreams. I was trying to get to Taco's house to help him and his kid with some math problems. I had to travel through the backyard of David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson, who were living together. Not Mulder and Scully, but the actual actors. I was being followed and harassed by two scary hillbillies, who were very close to mugging me. I appealed to David Duchovny for aid. He verbally abused them, which did as much good as you might expect. Then Gillian Anderson got the big one in a headlock and messed him up a bit. It didn't really deter them. But then they found some dog poop from one of Gillian Anderson's dogs and decided that it'd be much more lucrative to sell it on eBay than mug me.

Eventually I get to Taco's house, which is a rustic, crumbling cabin, being squatted in by some Okies. I was just about to get started on the math problems, with Coyote hanging around as well, when I woke up.

I thought, "man, that was one weird dream" and then went on with doing some ordinary everyday tasks. Then I woke up again. Apparently, I had just dreamed that I woke up from the weird dream, and just kept on dreaming. I shook my head and went on with my day.

Then I woke up for real.

So I had a dream, within a dream, within a dream.

My head is a scary place.

1 comment:

The Taco Prophet said...

I love your head and want to move in as soon as humanly possible.

I've only dreamed I was awake once. Back in high school, probably my junior year, dad knocked on my door to wake me up for school. I dreamed that I woke up and started getting ready. Then dad came in all pissed off because I was going to make everyone late, and I was crazy confused, because I thought I was up and getting ready for school.