Friday, May 6, 2011

You think I don't watch

You think I don't watch your movies? You always come back.
- Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy vs. Dracula

(on a side note, since my ex made me watch Buffy, and it directly lead to at least one "fight", it is now forever tainted and horrid in my eyes. And we never even finished it)

So, now that I am...sigh...single again, I've started back with my movie watching. Does this mean the return of the Three Movie Weekend? Probably not. I'm too lazy for that. But I would like to note a couple things.

I watched Cowboy Bebop: the Movie. I generally stay away from anime because, well, there is a LOT of horrible anime out there. So I only go for the classics. And anything Miyazaki does; that man is a fucking genius and should have a statue erected to him. But Cowboy Bebop: the Movie was pretty damn good. Decent enough story, really nice animation. Characters were....meh. But really good overall. It's piqued my interest in the series. Also, seriously fucking awesome music. Check out the opening title sequence and the closing title sequence.

I can see why people dig the Spike Spiegel character. His personality ain't great, but something about the way he's animated.

The other note: when you are feeling melancholy and lonely, watching Up can be downright devastating. Fucking Pixar and their uncanny ability to gut-punch you.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Up is brutal no matter the mood you're in when you start.

I'm pretty much the same way with anime. I was anyway, I haven't watched any for years now.

Speak no ill of Buffy! I love Buffy with my entire wang.

fett said...

It is forever tainted. It is roont!

Unknown said...

You just have to watch it with me. My enthusiasm for it will demolish any taint. Any taint!