Thursday, March 6, 2008

Cameron has never been in love

"Cameron has never been in love - at least, nobody's ever been in love with him. If things don't change for him, he's gonna marry the first girl he lays, and she's gonna treat him like shit, because she will have given him what he has built up in his mind as the end-all, be-all of human existence. She won't respect him, 'cause you can't respect somebody who kisses your ass. It just doesn't work."
- Ferris Bueller's Day Off

See that up there? Read that over again. Carefully. That's me. In a nutshell.

This whole dating business is madness, nonsense, missense, illsense and utter utter stupidity. I haven't even gone on a date and I'm already going crazy. I'm in conversation with one woman on eHarmony. One. There's another one I put on hold. I got curious today and looked around on Match.com. I found a woman so gorgeous, so wonderful I had to register and am currently awaiting profile approval so I can contact her. But what about this first woman? I told her I'm a one person at a time kind of guy. Now I'm a liar. Fuck me.

God fucking damnit, I swear this has to be more trouble than it's worth. GRAAAAAARG. That my friends, is the terrible call of the feeble. I'm going to go stab myself with fire. Why can't it be easy? Why can't I just fast forward to the part where I'm married and happily whipped? I wish I was Indian so my marriage could be arranged for me. That cultural idea has merit, I'm telling you.

And now for something completely different...

3 comments:

suyapi said...

Eh, you're not a liar. You haven't even gone on a date with the first yet (I can rationalize anything I want, I tell ya!)

And I swear there's a woman out there that will realize your awesomitudiness. Swear, swear. (Not that it helps in the moment, I know. But one day soon I'll just get to say "I told you so!")

Oh yeah, linky is great stuff.

Unknown said...

It doesn't count as cheating unless you and the other person have explicitly stated that you're exclusive. Ta da. Problem solved.

Also, don't waste time chasing gorgeous women. Most of them are not worth the effort as they know they are good looking and never developed a personality worth a damn as a result because everyone just kissed their ass automatically because they're good looking.

If I ever decide to date again it will ONLY be for someone that that can stimulate my mind the same way my friends do.

fett said...

Allow me to rephrase. She is gorgeous to me. Probably not by conventional standards, but who likes convention, eh?

As an update, my profile and shit went through last night, as I constantly checked my email for when it did. I sent her an email. I did something completely unusual for me. I was bold. I was daring. I told her that she was the reason I registered on match.com. JUST so I could contact HER.

So I'm guessing I completely creeped her out. In any event, I haven't heard back yet.

I woke up an hour and a half early today and couldn't get back to bed. I'm going nuts. THIS HAD ALL BETTER BE WORTH IT.