Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Even a man who is pure in heart

First posted 9-11-07

Even a man who is pure in heart and says his prayers by night, may become a wolf when the wolfbane blooms and the autumn moon is bright.
- The Wolf Man

It's an absolutely gorgeous day out. The air is cool, 61 degrees, and the wind is just a little bit cooler. The sky is completely overcast and as you walk outside every once in a while you'll feel a fleck of rain on your cheek. It brings that particular sense of being alive that the first hints of autumn carries, when the day is just a little colder than it should be. This is a midwest fall, not the lazy heat of the Georgia fall. And I love it. I love weather like this. Makes me feel warm and sleepy and attentive all at once. I can't wait for the first real fall day. When the leaves have changed and it's rainy and wet and a chill wind cuts right through you. When you can smell seasons change. It's moments like those that made me move back up north.

Today is September 11th, and reading over Blue's post today reminded me that it was 9/11. I had almost forgotten. I feel somewhat guilty about that. But then again, not. I still hold the memories of that day with me, of what it was like. But I won't dwell in that past. I'll never forget, but I can move on.

Lastly, all of you lazy fuckers who talk about writing better start writing. I expect to read some things forthwith. I mean, even I am writing, and I haven't written anything in years. So if there isn't new writing to be had I will raise holy hell.


Posted by Coyote @ 09/17/2007 07:17 PM PDT
None can withstand my sexy! There will be no withholding of favors!
Posted by Taco @ 09/17/2007 05:57 PM PDT
You, too, bastidge. I want more pretty prose from you. Or I'll... um... withhold sexual favors?
Posted by Coyote @ 09/13/2007 06:33 PM PDT
Write more and share more you bitches!

I declare myself exempt from the above rule.
Posted by Tim @ 09/13/2007 10:12 AM PDT
I'm writing something new as we speak.
Posted by fett @ 09/12/2007 01:20 PM PDT
I've got almost all the backstory vignettes for my new story written. I'm debating on sending out invites for this story when those are all done, but I'm not sure if a reader would get the wrong impression reading that stuff without the rest of the story put in.

I really love how this story is turning out. Which means everyone will probably think it's crap because I'm pretty disappointed in Joker on the whole (outside of a few places I really love) and you guys seem to indicate it approaches something akin to "good".
Posted by Taco @ 09/12/2007 11:45 AM PDT
I can write worse things than you can.

Bitch.

P.S. Write me more pretty things, damn it.
Posted by fett @ 09/12/2007 09:57 AM PDT
Wait wait wait...we are supposed to share only good things?

Well fuck. None of you are ever seeing anything I write.
Posted by Coyote @ 09/11/2007 07:31 PM PDT
I couldn't agree more. I would never live in a place where the seasons don't change. That ain't right. One of the great joys of life is watching autumn come and then then in the depth of winter knowing that spring will follow.

Love it.

I actually have a newish first draft of something that dropped on me all at once. I might be tempted to share even though it's not, y'know, good.

No comments: