Wednesday, November 21, 2007

I'm going to make him an offer he can't refuse

First posted 8-31-07

Someday - and that day may never come - I'll call upon you to do a service for me. But until that day, accept this justice as gift on my daughter's wedding day.
- The Godfather

So.

I have google documents. Several, as a matter of fact. I shall list them here.

1. Joker - my short story. I call it that because it is a complete story that I've been working on for about...10 years? No. Wait yes, 10 years, roughly. Best thing I've ever written. It's not that good. Some people have access to this (and yet the bastards have made no comments, you bastards know who you are).

2. My novel - which has a name but I am unwilling to share it with the intranets at large.

3. Pebbleman - another short story, the premise of which I already posted in this blog in times past. Perhaps my most complete idea. I started writing it yesterday.

4. Jacob the Mule - a very very loose idea I had for a novella a long time ago. I wrote the first two paragraphs for it a few years ago. I made a google doc of it in the hopes of writing it together with my ex-girlfriend. Something for us to do together. I really really really like the intro.

My offer: you shall be granted access to one and only one of the documents of your choosing.

Stipulations: I reserve the right to tell you no. I reserve the right to tell you not that one. I reserve the right to make it read only access. I reserve the right to revoke access at any time.

These stories are private, especially in this embryonic stage. But there are some people I think would like to read what I have of some things so far, some I think wouldn't mind seeing what I have, and they all read this blog.

So there it is. If you want to see one, let me know and I'll decide. If not, that's perfectly cool. Ain't as if these are messianic works of literature or anything. You won't be missing much.

Posted by Coyote @ 09/02/2007 01:04 AM PDT
The fact that there are drawing intrigues me to no end.
Posted by Name @ 09/01/2007 01:15 PM PDT
Yeah sorry, that's my sex I left there.

Remind me to bring my notes for my novel to TacoCon. The only real way to see what the novel is about is to see my notes, complete with drawings.
Posted by Coyote @ 08/31/2007 05:58 PM PDT
Dude, I've read Joker numerous times. I've gone over it with my microscope. It's fucking good. It reminds me of someone that I can't quite put my finger on which is weird because I'm normally good at that. But it's good. It's like final draft good. I offered no insights because really I have none to offer.

I'll try looking at it while drunk next time. That actually worked for me once.

Anyway, you knew when you wrote this that I would want access to all of it. I leave it up to you which things you would have me lay my arrogant and judgmental eyes on.

P. S. I found this sex in my pants. Is it yours?

No comments: