Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Pardon This Interruption

First posted 8-10-04

I just need to get this written down before I forget it. I came up with an idea for a story this morning in the shower, partly inspired by my dream last night, in that my dream was basically a bad sport-comedy movie, ala BASEketball or Dodgeball. Strange that I'm now dreaming in film. And also in color. Most people probably don't dream in color, they just color it in memory. But I'm pretty damn sure that this was in color.

Plus, it's not too often that I actually get a story idea. Here it is:

God and the Devil are waging their holy war, the war between good and evil, the battle over mankind. But they are waging it through the medium of film. Converting souls by good and bad movies. Cecil B. Demille will be the Devil-incarnate...for obvious reasons. Can talk about early Russian cinema. The birth of Hollywood, purity of early film. Hollywood production system, Hayes office, utter crap, impact of television, all in the context of this holy war.

If done properly this could be really good and possibly funny.


There, I'll have to mull it over.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled pointlessness.

No comments: